Recovery Document Posting Plans
Recovery Document Posting Plan - Fisheries and Oceans Canada - Fiscal Year 2016-2017
Under the Species at Risk Act (SARA), the competent Minister(s) must prepare a recovery strategy within one year of listing a species on Schedule 1 of SARA as endangered and within two years of listing a species as extirpated or threatened. A management plan must be prepared within three years for a species listed as special concern.
Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) is accountable for 111 of the 518 species listed under SARA. As of February 2016, proposed recovery strategies, management plans and action plans for 57 of those species have not yet been posted to the Species at Risk Public Registry. An additional 23 aquatic species have proposed management or action plans coming due in the future.
The following outlines the Department’s plan for posting proposed documents for 64 species on the Species at Risk Public Registry. The Department has a plan to post recovery strategies for 9 species, management plans for 13 species, and action plans for 42 species over the next year.
- HTML version of "Recovery Document Posting Plan - Fisheries and Oceans Canada - Fiscal Year 2016-2017"
- "Recovery Document Posting Plan - Fisheries and Oceans Canada - Fiscal Year 2016-2017" (2016-05-02) (PDF format, 149.21 KB)
Department of Fisheries and Oceans
200 Kent St.
- Atlantic Whitefish
- Carmine Shiner
- Coastrange Sculpin (Cultus-L population)
- Deepwater Sculpin (Great Lakes - Upper St. Lawrence populations)
- Eastern Sand Darter (Ontario populations)
- Green Sturgeon
- Lake Chubsucker
- Misty Lake Lentic Threespine Stickleback
- Misty Lake Lotic Threespine Stickleback
- Nooksack Dace ssp.
- Northern Brook Lamprey (Great Lakes - Upper St. Lawrence populations)
- Northern Madtom
- Paxton Lake Benthic Threespine Stickleback
- Paxton Lake Limnetic Threespine Stickleback
- Rainbow Smelt (Lake Utopia small-bodied population)
- River Redhorse
- Rocky Mountain Sculpin (Eastslope populations)
- Salish Sucker
- Shorthead Sculpin
- Speckled Dace
- Striped Bass (St. Lawrence River population)
- Vananda Creek Benthic Threespine Stickleback
- Vananda Creek Limnetic Threespine Stickleback
- Vancouver Lamprey
- Western Brook Lamprey (Morrison Creek population)
- Western Silvery Minnow
- Westslope Cutthroat Trout lewisi (Pacific populations)
- Westslope Cutthroat Trout lewisi (Saskatchewan - Nelson Rivers populations)
- Fishes (marine)
- Beluga Whale (St. Lawrence Estuary population)
- Blue Whale (Pacific population)
- Blue Whale (Atlantic population)
- Fin Whale (Atlantic population)
- Fin Whale (Pacific population)
- Killer Whale (Northeast Pacific transient population)
- Killer Whale (Northeast Pacific northern resident population)
- Killer Whale (Northeast Pacific southern resident population)
- Killer Whale (Northeast Pacific offshore population)
- North Atlantic Right Whale
- North Pacific Right Whale
- Northern Bottlenose Whale (Scotian Shelf population)
- Sei Whale (Pacific population)
- Sowerby's Beaked Whale
- No links available.
- Date modified: