Action Plan for Multiple Species at Risk in Southwestern Saskatchewan: South of the Divide 2017
Species at Risk Act
Action plan series
Eastern Yellow-bellied Racer
Prairie Loggerhead Shrike
Table of contents
- Document information
- Executive summary
- 1. Recovery actions
- 1.1 Context and scope of the action plan
- 1.2 Measures to be taken and implementation schedule
- 1.3 Critical habitat
- 1.4 Proposed measures to protect critical habitat
- 1.5 Important habitat for other species
- 2. Evaluation of Socio-Economic Costs and Benefits
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Policy baseline
- 2.3 Socio-economic profile
- 2.4 Socio-economic costs of implementing the action plan
- 2.5 Benefits of the action plan
- 2.6 The distributional impact
- 3. Measuring progress
- 4. References
- Appendix A: Threat assessment table
- Appendix B: Effects on the environment and other species
- Appendix C: Maps of critical and important habitat
- Appendix D: Critical habitat previously Identified for Black footed Ferret and Greater Sage-Grouse
- Appendix E: Glossary of terms
List of figures
- Figure 1. The South of the Divide (SoD) study area.
- Figure 2. Spatial distribution of relative levels of current and future threats rated according to their potential impact on 9 species at risk and/or their critical habitat in the SoD area.
- Figure 3. Critical Habitat for Burrowing Owl – western portion of the SoD area.
- Figure 4. Critical Habitat for Burrowing Owl – eastern portion of the SoD area.
- Figure 5. Critical Habitat for Eastern Yellow-bellied Racer
- Figure 6. Critical Habitat for Prairie Loggerhead Shrike
- Figure 7. Critical Habitat for Mormon Metalmark – central part of the SoD area
- Figure 8. Critical Habitat for Mormon Metalmark – eastern part of the SoD area
- Figure 9. Critical Habitat for Mountain Plover – western part of the SoD area
- Figure 10. Critical Habitat for Mountain Plover – eastern part of the SoD area
- Figure 11. Critical Habitat for Sprague's Pipit – western part of the SoD area
- Figure 12. Critical Habitat for Sprague’s Pipit – eastern part of the SoD area
- Figure 13. Critical Habitat for Swift Fox – western part of the SoD area
- Figure 14. Critical Habitat for Swift Fox – eastern part of the SoD area
- Figure 15. Important Habitat for Black-tailed Prairie Dog
- Figure 16. Important Habitat for Long-billed Curlew – western part of the SoD area
- Figure 17. Important habitat for Long-billed Curlew – eastern part of the SoD area
- Figure 18. Important Habitat for McCown’s Longspur – western part of the SoD area
- Figure 19. Important Habitat for McCown's Longspur – eastern part of the SoD area
- Figure 20. Important Habitat for Northern Leopard Frog
- Figure 21. Critical Habitat for Black-footed Ferret
- Figure 22. Critical Habitat for Greater Sage-Grouse: western part of the SoD area
- Figure 23. Critical Habitat for Greater Sage-Grouse: eastern part of the SoD area
List of tables
- Table 1. List of species at risk considered addressed in the SoD Action Plan.
- Table 2. Land cover in the South of the Divide area (SoD), and in the SoD area plus Grasslands National Park (GNP).
- Table 3. Area containing critical habitat (hectares) for each level of threat in relation to land tenure.
- Table 4. Recovery Measures and Implementation Schedule
- Table 5. Area (ha) of critical habitat within the SoD region, identified for individual species.
- Table 6. Overlap between critical habitat defined for one species and that defined for other species.
- Table 7. Number of quarter-sections containing critical habitat for various numbers of species.
- Table 8. Amount of Important Habitat identified for each species.
- Table 9. Overlap of Important Habitat of Species of Special Concern with Critical Habitat of Endangered, Extirpated and Threatened Species.
- Table 10. Provincial, federal and other instruments relevant to the conservation of species at risk and their habitat in the South of the Divide area, according to land tenure and the main sectors in the area.
- Table 11. Benefits (in terms of willingness to pay) of three potential conservation strategies.
- Table 12. Threat assessment for all species covered in the SoD Action Plan
Table of contents
- Date Modified: