Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
COSEWIC assessment and update status report on the Atlantic Cod in Canada
- Assessment Summary
- Executive Summary
- Species Information
- Population Sizes and Trends
- Newfoundland & Labrador Population
- Limiting Factors and Threats
- Special Significance of the Species
- Existing Protection or Other Status
- Summary of Status Report
- Technical Summary: Arctic Population
- Technical Summary: Newfoundland & Labrador Population
- Technical Summary: Laurentian North Population
- Technical Summary: Maritimes Population
- Literature Cited
- Biographical Summary of Contractor
- Authorities Consulted
- Appendix 1: Northern Labrador
- Appendix 1: St. Pierre Bank
- Appendix 1: Cabot Strait
Assessment and Update Status Report
Newfoundland and Labrador Population
Laurentian North Population
COSEWICstatus reports are working documents used in assigning the status of wildlife species suspected of being at risk. This report may be cited as follows:
COSEWIC 2003. COSEWIC assessment and update status report on the Atlantic cod Gadus morhua in Canada. Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada. Ottawa. xi + 76 pp.
COSEWIC would like to acknowledge Jeffrey A. Hutchings for writing the update status report on the Atlantic cod Gadus morhua, prepared under contract with Environment Canada.
For additional copies contact:
c/o Canadian Wildlife Service
Également disponible en français sous le titre Rapport du COSEPAC sur la situation de la morue franche (Gadus morhua) au Canada
Atlantic Cod -- Line drawing of Atlantic cod Gadus morhua by H.L. Todd. Image reproduced with permission from the Smithsonian Institution, NMNH, Division of Fishes.
©Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada, 2003
- Date Modified: